September 26, 2012 by Lisa Run Fast Mama!
After an easy sign up on Active.com, and 2 emails to the RunDisney team to get my money refunded, I became part of the team and now will have access to:
Runner’s World Challenge participants will receive:*
- Entry to the 20th Anniversary Walt Disney World® Marathon, Half Marathon, or Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge with preferred corral placement
- A membership in a 16-week training plan designed by The Runner’s World Experts, and Chief Running Officer Bart Yasso, who has coached hundreds of elites, celebs, and everyday runners (celebrity/VIP appearances subject to change or cancellation without notice)**
- Weekly e-mails from Bart with guidance on training, nutrition, injury prevention, and motivation
- One year of access to the Runner’s World Challenge experts on nutrition, training, and injury-prevention
- Access to a private Runner’s World Challenge web site, where you connect with other runners training for the race
- A copy of The Runner’s World Complete Book of Running
- A Runner’s World Challenge tech shirt
- A four-month premium membership to Runner’s World Personal Trainer, our interactive training log
- Private packet pick-up for Runner’s World Challenge participants at the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo
- Commemorative 20th Anniversary Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend keepsake gift
- Pre-race course strategy session with the Runner’s World experts and editors (on the afternoon of January 11, 2013 for the Half Marathon/Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge runners, or on January 12, 2013 for the Marathon/Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge runners)
- Shakeout runs at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex with the Runner’s World team
- Entry to the Pasta in the Park Party on Saturday night at Epcot® where the Runner’s World VIPs & editors will be in attendance (party includes buffet pasta dinner, live DJ, Disney characters and viewing of the fireworks spectacular Illuminations: Reflections of Earth at Epcot®)
- Entry to the Race Retreat
- Pre-race amenities include hot and cold beverages with fruit and bagels, dedicated stretching area, and private portalets & bag check
- Post-race amenities include a nutritious buffet, massage, private portalet & bag pick up, and live results
- Post-race celebration on Sunday night at the Cool Down at Downtown Disney® Area
The above was taken from the RunDisney website and you can find out all of the details here.
One of the main things that sold me on doing this was wanting to be part of a team, and the access to training plans and top coaches from RW. The extra VIP perks don’t hurt either! 😉
Training officially kicked off this past Monday, and I was able to log on to Training Peaks to choose, view, and edit my plan. It is a very easy to use site and I look forward to using it. I decided on the Beginner plan since I have been running about a year now. I figure it is always easier to add mileage to a plan if needed. I will be coming off my Chicago Full early on so I have been modifying a bit, but it really is fitting in nicely and allowing a bit of a slowdown after I complete Chicago.
I am really looking forward to completing Chicago next weekend and having another goal to push towards!
Who wouldn’t want the 20th Anniversary Mickey Medal? Not to mention Donald and Goofy too!